Friday, October 07, 2005

Girl born without legs seeks aid

I do not believe in coincidences. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Just a few day's ago, Tiger Cheah who is the moderator of Edwardian Tigers pointed the group to an online version of Khalil Gilbran's all time classic, The Prophet. Along some ongoing discussions, the chapter on Giving was reproduced and posted this morning. Reading it over a couple of times, the following lines got stuck on me.

You often say, "I would give, but only to the deserving."
The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture.
They give that they may live, for to withhold is to perish.
Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and his nights is worthy of all else from you.
And he who has deserved to drink from the ocean of life deserves to fill his cup from your little stream.


Meaningful and profound insight, don't you find them?

Wait, there is more .... somehow, after I read the posting, I did what I normally do not do. I scrolled through the NST Online as I waited for the maids to clean up the house. And there, right on my screen was this byline - Girl born without legs seeks aid.

If you understand what I am getting at (you do, don't you?), nine-year-old Fatihah Sewah, who was born without legs, needs needs a bilateral child below-knee prosthesis, with cushion heel ankle foot, that costs about RM11,000. Zulfadzliza Ibrahim, 21, is also appealing for help to get prosthesis for both legs. The cost of her medical package is estimated at RM17,300.

The Prophet happened for a reason and I'm glad be be part of this reason today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home