Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Single Parent ... Day 1

The boys have been surprisingly well-behaved today, without mum around. Uneventful, I must add. You see, Sock Whan flew off to Taipei this morning for company business. Will be back only on Friday. Guess what? Already got 2 calls from her reminding me of the chores I must do. Which left me wondering; are all women the same or is it only her?

I picked up the boys from school about 6pm this evening and proceeded straight for dinner. We had vegetarian since today marks the last day of the Nine Emperor Gods' celebration. Reached home at 7.00pm. They then had their usual dose of TV for 30 minutes before I ushered them upstairs for their shower. Then, homework and revision until 10pm.

I suppose the challenge starts tomorrow morning when I will have to wake up at 5.30am to prepare Kah Chern for school. Can you believe this ... he has even placed an order for breakfast; he wants fried eggs with sausage!

Kah Ming then goes to kindy at 8am.

At 9.30am, I will have to be at Kah Chern's school to find out why two of his classmates are asking RM1 from him. Not making any assumptions here but he is only in Standard 2.

At 11.45am, having a signature drive with Jayen, PC, Nina, Adzaman, Jason, Bob Kee and Peter in USJ 12 school for Batu 3 - USJ 3 Flyover: The Signature Campaign

Phew ... what a day it's going to be!

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Edwardians of KEVII said...

Hi Raymond,
Tiger Cheah here. This reminds me of the days when my wife used to travel overseas a lot until 3 years ago. Of course my 2 kids were older than yours now. daughter is 18 and son, 15. Great time for bonding with the kids especially when I was the one whom they hardly had time with when they were your kids age.

1:05 AM  
Blogger raymond said...

Thanks for visiting. Really, I cannot disagree with you cos' this is the parenting I want and enjoy.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home