Monday, February 27, 2006

I slept through it all

I slept through it all.

I normally wake up to check the windows whenever there is a thunder storm in the night. Sunday morning, I was so knocked out that I slept like a log. Having just drove back from Singapore after visiting my brother who is striken with lupus (SLE) and is now in ICU, I went to bed early, at about 9.30pm.

I was still not aware of the flood until I went online at about 3pm. Then I asked my wife, "Was it raining heavily this morning?" "Very heavy," was her reply. Even my 6-year old son complained that he couldn't wake me up when he wanted a drink of water.

The flood isn't on my list of concerns.

Lupus has gotten to some of my brother's major organs. He is on life support and right now, I am praying for a miracle to take him through this critical stage of his life. He doesn't have much time left unless Providence intervenes.

And today, he goes through another operation to replace his contaminated blood. One more try from the doctor who is also his pastor. This is perhaps the greatest consolation we have during this trying time; that my brother is in the good hands of the doctor, sent to him by his Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you, Dr. Yuen, whom I didn't even get to meet during my short visit to Singapore.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Lye Hock said...

Pray he gets well soon.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my prayers with him

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home