Monday, June 19, 2006

I'd rather watch a winner

Fathers Day has just passed. You have already got your kisses, hugs, cards, wishes, cakes and everything you wanted on this special day. I had my share, as well. Lest you get too carried away by all the attention showered on you earlier, do remember that our children may not have spoken out but they do have their expectations from us super daddies! A little poem from Denis Waitley.

I'd rather watch a winner, than hear one any day;
So please, my loving parents let your lives show me the way.
I'm only a reflection of what you taught today I may misunderstand you and the high advice you give;
But there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.
So teach me by example, don't preach about what's right;
And show me by your actions everyday and night.
I know that you're not perfect, in things you do and say;
And the lectures you deliver are to help me find my way;
But I'd rather watch a winner, than hear one anyday.

Denis Waitley

Happy Fathers Day, once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home