Friday, August 11, 2006

Am I so suckerable?

Please read the following email exchanges and tell me I have not been suckered by the banks!

After 3 visits to RHB Bank in Taipan USJ, I sent this email to Ibanksupport.

From: kappa@streamyx.com
Sent: Thursday, 03 August, 2006 11:23 AM
To: ibanksupport@rhbbank.com.my
Subject: Internet Banking Inquiries

Hi RHB,

My name is Mr Tan Teong Chee. My home phone number is 012-xxxxxxx. My office phone number is - 603 xxxxxxx. My email address is kappa@streamyx.com. I can be contacted by phone. I would like to make a complaint. I hold a saving accounts x-xxxxx-000xx0x-x with RHB USJ Taipan.

On 9/7/2006, I tried to withdraw RM300 from AmBank's ATM at IOI Mall, Puchong. The withdrawal was unsuccessful and my ATM card was retained. I immediately reported to RHB at IOI Mall and was advised to report to RHB Taipan USJ, which I did on 10/7/2006.

I find it most unacceptable that it is now taking almost 4 weeks for RHB to investigate this straight forward electronic transaction - this is according to your RHB Taipan USJ manager when I checked with her this morning.


A reply from Ibanksupport asking for my patience and understanding. Just wondering whether a similar letter if I default on my payment will be entertained by the bank?

From: "ibanksupport" <ibanksupport@rhbbank.com.my
To: <
kappa@streamyx.com>
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 11:35 AM
Subject: RE: Internet Banking Inquiries

Thank you for your email and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly be informed that we have forwarded your concern to our relevant department for further action under reference number 1743035. Meanwhile, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact ourCustomer Care Centre at 03-92068118 (Kuala Lumpur) or 082-276118 (Kuching) and our Customer Service Agents will be able to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Jxxx Cxxx (full name deleted)
Ibanksupport Customer Care Centre


I replied. My only interest is when they will return me my money! You guys should try calling the hotline - can vomit blood!

From: Kappa Streamyx [mailto:kappa@streamyx.com]
Sent: Friday, 04 August, 2006 12:57 PM
To: ibanksupport
Subject: Re: Internet Banking Inquiries

Dear Jxxx,

I am wondering whether you have tried calling your hotline number 03-92068118. For your information, it took me 4 calls yesterday to get through to a human voice who couldn't give me any answer. That call itself took me almost 20 minutes to get through. It took almost every call about 4 minutes of commercials before the automated voice informed me that the operators were busy. Your hotline just isn't user friendly!

What I want to know is when this issue can be resolved before I resort to my other course of action. Would it be reasonable to expect a resolution by Monday, 7 August 2005?

Regards,
Tan Teong Chee


Ha ... Customer Support has the audacity to make this insane suggestion to call long distance to Kuching! Meow .... no f#$*ing way that I am spending more money to get back what is rightfully mine!

From: ibanksupport
Sent: Friday, 04 August, 2006 8:11 PM
To:
'kappa@streamyx.com'
Subject: RE: Internet Banking Inquiries

Thank you for your email and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused with regards to our phonebanking service recently.

Kindly be informed that our Kuala Lumpur Customer Care Centre is handling high volume of calls daily. As a result, there will be instances whereby some of the calls made by our valued customers may not be able to get through. We would suggest that you may contact us during non-peak hours where the lines may be less busy or alternatively, you may contact our Kuching Customer Care Centre at 082-276118 which is operating from 7AM until 7PM daily. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Further to your concern, we regret to advise that we are unable to confirm the outcome with your goodself at this juncture and we shall update you indue course. Kindly be informed that based on our records, the matter iscurrently under investigation and our relevant department have todayarranged to forward a notification to your goodself pertaining to thematter. Your patience and understanding on the matter is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Jxxx Cxxx
Ibanksupport Customer Care Centre


The latest email from Ibanksupport with the insult of all insults. They take my money away electronically. Why can't they do it the same way it was taken away? Just unbelievable. Or are we just so suckerable?

From: ibanksupport
Sent: Wednesday, 09 August, 2006 9:59 AM
To:
'kappa@streamyx.com'
Subject: FW: Internet Banking Inquiries

Dear Mr Tan,

Further to our ealier email, kindly be informed that based on confirmation from our relevant department, the matter is currently pending cheque payment from AmBank Berhad ATM Centre. We appreciate your patience and understanding on the matter.

Meanwhile, should you require further assistance on other banking matters, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Centre at 03-92068118(Kuala Lumpur) or 082-276118 (Kuching) and our Customer Service Agents will be able to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Jxxx Cxxx
IbanksupportCustomer Care Centre

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haiz, yeah I encountered this in many situation too. Sometime make me very irratate with them.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw the banks. all blood suckers!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If RHB thinks this kind of customer service is what they want for branding, I think they should sack their branding head. Once I had this problem of my cheque being credited into someone else's account and it took me some time to convince RHB to get back my money.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home