Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Power and responsibilty

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy, who expressed surprise over the move by the police, said the reduction of fines could send a wrong message to road users, especially habitual offenders.

“It came as a surprise to me. I was never consulted by the police on the matter. I only knew about it through the media,” he told reporters at the Parliament lobby here yesterday.
Chan said he would ask for an explanation and a briefing from the police to find out more about the matter.

In response, Internal Security and Public Order Director Commissioner Datuk Mustafa Abdullah said,

"We can reduce them when or how we want to. We do not have to consult the Transport Ministry. We have the power to do so."

Sure, you do have the power, Tuan. In my favourite superhero's famous words,

"With great power comes great responsibility."

I wonder whether you understand what that means to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home